We keep wheels turning, traffic moving, streets paved and plowed, utilities flowing, stormwater drained, buildings permitted, construction inspected and provide other nuts-and-bolts services to maintain and plan Lakewood's infrastructure.
There is no public access to the permit counter at this time; however, permits are being reviewed and issued.
Online permitting services
- Contractor registration and renewal
- Re-roof permits
- Water heater ;and furnace permits
- Some electrical permits (service changes for less than 400 amp, permits that do not require drawings)
- Prepaid electric, mechanical and plumbing permits that are part of a currently permitted construction job
Email permitting services
The following may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Public way permit applications and traffic control plans.
- Fence permit applications and plans
- Sign permit applications and plans
When review is complete and permits can be issued, we will contact you via email to complete permit issuance.
Drop box permitting services
Building permit applications and plans may be placed in the drop box provided near the doors to the North Building at the Civic Center Monday to Friday (except city holidays) 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
When review is complete and permits can be issued, we will contact you via email or phone to complete permit issuance.
Please call 303-987-7500 to let us know you have dropped off plans.
Please see Building Permit link below for handouts, forms and other information.
Building Inspection Alert - August 1, 2020(PDF, 59KB)