Lakewood provides permitting and inspection services for homeowners and contractors using our online eTRAKiT system.
Do I need a permit? | What Type of permit should i apply for?
List of exemptions from permits(PDF, 106KB).
eTRAKiT Permit Types(PDF, 193KB) (note that our permit types have changed)
Contractors must be registered with Lakewood and must have a contractor account in www.Lakewood.org/eTRAKiT.
- Go to Lakewood.org/eTRAKiT.
- At the top-right corner, click "Forgot Password."
- Select "Contractor," and enter the email address that's on file with the city with your contractor registration and click "Reset Password."
- Check your email for instructions on creating a password. Go back to the eTRAKiT website, select "Contractor," and enter your existing Lakewood Contractor Registration ID in the username field and your new password in the password field, and click the login button.
- Once you're logged in, you'll be able to see your dashboard, which shows you everything connected to your account including active permits, inspections and projects.
- On the left side of the website, you can choose from services including applying for new permits, paying fees and scheduling inspections.
Building permit process for Contractors(PDF, 168KB)
Homeowners must establish an account in Lakewood.org/eTRAKiT to be able to apply for permits.
Building permit process for Homeowners(PDF, 105KB).