This year, you can compete against others in-person on Wednesday nights, or run the marked course on your own Tuesday-Thursday each week for a virtual option.
Option 1: Join us for Wednesday evening races.
Come out to Bear Creek Lake Park on Wednesday evenings in September for in-person races. Each race is 4-8 miles in distance (races 2 and 3 will have a short course option). There will be weekly prize drawings, and all who finish the series will receive a medal.
Race Schedule: September 8, 15, 22 and 29. Races start at 6 p.m.
Option 2: Opt for virtual and race on your own time.
Courses will be set each week and participants will run the course on their own time Tuesday-Thursday. If you choose this option, you cannot run the Wednesday evening races.
MONDAY: COURSE IS SET
Courses will be set on September 6, 13, 20 and 27.
- Courses will be marked with flags; the first mile flags will be blue. All courses will start and stop at Pelican Point and be 4-7 miles in distance.
- Course maps will be posted before the series start in the 'Course maps' section of this page, Lakewood.org/TrailSeries. Please have the map on you when you run in case flags have been altered or moved.
TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY: RUN THE RACE.
Participants are welcome to run the race Tuesdays-Thursdays between the hours of 6 a.m.-9 p.m.
BY FRIDAY: UPLOAD A PHOTO.
At the end of each race, upload a photo of your race in the 'Upload a Photo of Your Race' section on this page, Lakewood.org/TrailSeries. If you do so by Friday, you'll be entered into the weekly prize drawing.
Need Photo Ideas? Upload a selfie, a photo of the trail, or a shot of your time on your watch or tracking app. Get creative!
COMPLETE THE SERIES: PICK UP YOUR MEDAL.
Medals will be given to all participants who complete the series.
- Bring your receipt to show park staff at the gate for entrance.
- Bring your own water.
- Finish your race by sundown.
- Although races start and end at Pelican Point, the park shelter has not been reserved.