Please ensure that your crime meets all of the following criteria before you complete your report:
- This is a non-emergency crime
- You cannot identify the suspect.
- The incident occurred within Lakewood, Colorado city limits
- You are not reporting a violent crime (i.e. assault, robbery, sexual assault)
- No physical evidence was left by the suspect (e.g. fingerprints, blood, footprints)
- The incident is not traffic related (e.g. traffic accident, parking complaints, speed enforcement)
- You are not reporting the theft of one or both of your license plates
Ensure your crime falls into one of the following categories:
- Vehicles (non-traffic accident related)
- From an open building
- From a locker (unlocked only)
- From a vehicle
- Of motor vehicle parts (excluding license plates)
- All other thefts or lost property
If your crime does not meet the above criteria:
- To report a lost or stolen license plate, contact dispatch at 303-980-7300 or file the report in person with our Front Desk.
- If the crime did not occur in Lakewood, please contact the local law enforcement agency where the incident occurred.
- If your vehicle was involved in a traffic accident and you exchanged information with the other driver, please file your report with the State of Colorado here: http://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/report-accident.
- If your vehicle was involved in a hit-and-run traffic accident (i.e. the other driver left the scene, or your parked vehicle was hit), please file your report in person with our Front Desk.
Gather the correct information
- Date of incident
- Location of incident
- Property stolen (if applicable)
- If you have serial numbers for stolen items, please include them in your report.
Determine which online form to use.
Please use the second online form titled Online Fraud Report to report credit card fraud only if:
- Your Credit or Debit Card was used without your authorization in the City of Lakewood, Colorado.
- The total amount of money charged to the card(s) does not exceed $2,000*
- You do not have any suspect information regarding this crime (i.e. name of person using card).
*Total amount stolen must be under $2,000 in order to file report online. If amount stolen exceeds $2,000, you will need to file your report with our Front Desk.
If your report does not meet the credit card fraud report requirements and falls under the guidelines mentioned in steps one through three then fill out the Online Crime Report.
Fraudulent Unemployment Claim
If you received unemployment paperwork but did not file a claim, or believe you are a victim of identity theft related to unemployment benefits, please visit https://cdle.colorado.gov/fraud-prevention as soon as possible to file a fraud report.
If you received a U.S. Bank ReliaCard for Colorado unemployment benefits but did not file a claim, please contact U.S. Bank immediately at 1-855-279-1678. Tell them that a fraudulent unemployment claim was filed using your information and ask them to deactivate the card.
It is also recommended that you file a police report. You can file a "counter", "online" or "desk" report with your local police department to get a record of it on file.
If you live in the City of Lakewood, please use the link below for the Online Unemployment Fraud Report, document in your narrative that you canceled the U.S. Bank ReliaCard and filed a fraud report with the CO Dept. of Labor & Employment, the Federal Trade Commission or the Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you do not live in the City of Lakewood, please contact your local law enforcement agency. If you do not live in the City of Lakewood, please contact your local law enforcement agency.
You can also report identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC’s website (https://www.ftc.gov/) includes valuable resources about how to recover from identity theft and protect your identity. You are encouraged to file a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://ic3.gov/, which is operated by the FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation, which has information about current shopping scams, remote learning scams, etc.
Online Crime Report
Online Fraud Report
Online Unemployment Fraud Report