Need an Earth Day activity for the kids? Let's make some animals out of recycled materials! You'll need the following supplies:
1. Egg carton - preferably the cardboard carton, easier to paint, pre-cut into single cups but do not discard any of the parts
2. Green and orange construction paper, foam sheets, or felt cut in-half
3. Tacky Glue - if an adult is helping, then hot glue
4. Acrylic paint - white, black, green, gray. If you don't have paint, markers will do!
5. Paintbrush - small for details
6. Cup of water
7. Paper towels
Template for Egg Carton Cut(PDF, 392KB)
You can also use other fun decorative crafts you may have around the house to decorate your animal including tissue paper, googly eyes, pom poms and/or pipe cleaners! Let's get creative! You can also have on hand an array of other paints and paper if you get inspired to make other animals.