We foster an extremely supportive culture for Veterans, Reservists and members of the National Guard:
- Honored by U.S. Department of Labor for our commitment to recruiting, employing and retaining military veterans with the HIRE Vets Medallion Program Demonstration Award.
- Lakewood has 9% of regular employees who are veterans - more than eight times the national average.
- Annual Veterans Recognition Day.
- Annual Veterans Fair with veterans service providers.
- Guard/Reserve accommodations to employment.
Top these off with the ability to continue your service to our nation - at the local level - and you'll find Lakewood a great place to hang up your uniform!
The City of Lakewood is home to five memorials honoring those who have served.
Take a tour via the city's online story map. The map includes photos and maps of the memorial locations, as well as Google Map links so you can visit the memorials in person.
This story map is not supported by the Internet Explorer browser. Please utilize another browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
View Memorial Map
This annual event, sponsored by the City of Lakewood, gives vets a chance to connect with dozens of support and service organizations for veterans. The 2021 event will take place on Thursday, Sept. 16 from 11a.m.-2 p.m. at the Lakewood Elks Lodge #1777, 1455 Newland Street.
Get the Latest Details
Stand proud and be recognized as we pause as an organization to honor our employees who are veterans of service to our nation.
City Council Proclamation(PDF, 330KB)
In recognition that returning veterans face unique problems related to their service and have earned special benefits that may help address them, the Lakewood Municipal Court Veterans Process (LMCVP) was established for veterans charged with criminal violations in Lakewood Municipal Court.
See More Details