A photo/video permit is required for any commercial, non-commercial, or student produced film, video or photography activity that occurs in Lakewood limits and meets any of the following criteria for the activity:
- Takes place at any city owned property, including public buildings, parks, open spaces, reservoirs, public streets, sidewalks, or other areas maintained and owned by the city of Lakewood.
- Is on private property and will cause a nuisance or disruption to the visitors, businesses or residents in the area. The disruption could be anything from a large gathering, loud noises, impacts to traffic, etc.
- Involves carrying or displaying weapons, real or fake in view of the public. Discharge of firearms is illegal within city limits.
- Involves the use of pyrotechnics (use of fireworks is illegal in city limits).
- Involves costumes, props, or equipment in a public location that is within view of the public that may cause a disruption or have the potential to startle or upset residents.
A permit is NOT required for photos or video taken for personal use, by news media, or by nature/portrait photographers, or for things like engagement or family photos as long as the activities do not cause a nuisance or disruption to the visitors, businesses or residents in the area. There is no fee for a photo/video permit.