What items are permitted?
- Small backpacks, bags, purses, small soft sided coolers, etc.
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic or aluminum containers
- Empty, reusable water bottles (we will have water bottle refill stations onsite!)
- Food for personal consumption
- Folding chairs
- Seat cushions and bleacher back rests
- Small collapsible umbrellas
What items are not permitted?
- This is a smoke free event so no smoking or vaping anywhere on Jeffco Stadium grounds, including parking lots
- Weapons (e.g. guns, knives, chains, slingshot, bludgeon, artificial knuckles of any kind)
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, medical or recreational marijuana
- All animals (with the exception of service animals)
- Plastic coolers
- Glass bottles or containers
- Tents, ground staking of any kind
- Outside fireworks
- Laser pointers
- Skateboards, rollerblades, shoes with wheels or scooters
- Spray on sunscreen or bug spray on the field as it kills the turf (lotions ok)
What is the bag policy?
We will have bag checkers at each entrance gate searching all bags for items not permitted into the venue, such as weapons, drugs and alcohol (see list above).
What can I do to help?
Help us make Lakewood a zero waste community by reducing what we send to the landfill at the Big Boom Bash!
- Bring a zero waste picnic. Pack your food and drinks in reusable containers or buy paper products that can be composted and bottles that can be recycled. Avoid disposable bags and styrofoam.
- Find a zero waste station. Look for the three zero waste stations at the event, where you can recycle and compost your waste. Each station will have a zero waste volunteer to help you sort your materials.
- Share our mission with your friends and family. Be sure to encourage your friends and family to join us in our zero waste effort.
What will traffic be like?
Here are some things you should know about traffic before and after the event:
- There will be no parking along 6th Avenue, Kipling Street or Alameda Avenue.
- Fletcher Miller parking lot will be closed.
- The frontage road between 6th Avenue and Garrison Street will be closed until the conclusion of the fireworks at which time we will allow cars to exit onto the frontage road heading east.
- The eastbound 6th Avenue off-ramp at Garrison will be closed when the fireworks show starts, approximately 9:15 p.m., until the majority of cars have exited Jeffco Stadium.
Our exit plan after the fireworks event has improved from last year so take note! We will have three main exits out of Jeffco Stadium parking lots.
- Cars will be allowed to exit out of the north stadium parking east onto the 6th Ave. frontage road.
- Cars will be allowed to exit east out of Dennison Elementary's parking lot.
- Cars will be allowed to exit out of the main Jeffco stadium entrance/exit onto Kipling where you'll be required to exit northbound on Kipling.
- All cars exiting Trailblazer Stadium and Creighton's parking lots will also be required to exit northbound on Kipling.
If you are walking to the stadium, please note the foot/bike path connecting 1st Avenue to Independence Street will be closed.
Where is the rideshare location for drop-offs and pick ups?
Dennison Elementary parking lot at 401 Independence St. will serve as the main rideshare drop-off and pickup area.
What is the weather policy?
The event will happen rain or shine, except for severe wind or lightening in proximity of the stadium. If the field is too wet, attendees will sit only in the bleachers and surrounding areas and not on the field. If the event is postponed due to wind or lightening, it will take place on Friday, July 5; gates will open at 7:30 p.m. and it will be fireworks only.
For questions or more information, call 303-987-7899.