Park and Recreation Month
Next date: Saturday, July 04, 2020 | 10:00 AM
to Friday, July 31, 2020 | 08:00 PM
Explore Lakewood parks and recreation in July during Park and Recreation Month, an initiative of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA). This year's theme is "We are Parks and Recreation." Help us celebrate by thanking a staff member, and taking our challenge for a chance to win prizes!
Thank a staff member.
Join us in celebrating the essential and selfless work of park and recreation professionals. Throughout July, we'll be highlighting staff members on Facebook and Instagram. If you see a staff member this month, help acknowledge their significant contributions to our community by thanking them.
Take the challenge!
Take part in Park and Recreation Month and you could win! View instructions and the challenge activities below, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram for weekly challenge posts. Prizes include three $50 Rec Bucks gift certificates, a 2021 Bear Creek Lake Park annual pass and green fees for a foursome at Homestead Golf Course. Winners will be randomly selected from all entries received.
All activities can be completed outdoors in Lakewood parks, and modifications are welcome for people of all ages and abilities.
- Each week, choose one or more activities* to complete.
* Activities are listed below and will also be posted Mondays on Facebook and Instagram.
- Complete an activity and post a photo on Facebook or Instagram. You must include #LakewoodParksRec in your post.
- For each activity you complete and post, you’ll receive one entry in our prize drawing on July 31.
WEEK ONE: EXPLORE
Complete one or more activities July 6-12 and post on social media with #LakewoodParksRec.
- Take a new trail (view trails).
- Visit a new park (view parks list).
- Go bird watching.
- Go fishing (view locations).
- Look for bugs.
WEEK TWO: RELAX
Complete one or more activities July 13-19 and post on social with #LakewoodParksRec.
- Take a walk in a park (view parks list).
- Hold a yoga pose.
- Listen to nature sounds.
- Smell the flowers.
- Cloud gaze.
WEEK THREE: PLAY
Complete one or more activities July 20-26 and post on social with #LakewoodParksRec.
- Throw a Frisbee.
- Play pickleball or tennis (tennis locations) (pickleball locations).
- Climb at a playground.
- Play soccer or catch.
- Fly a kite.
WEEK FOUR: MOVE
Complete one or more activities July 27-31 and post on social with #LakewoodParksRec.
- Work out at the Fitness Court (view details/location).
- Run a mile.
- Hula hoop or cartwheel.
- Take a bike ride.
- Go hiking (view parks list).
Wednesday, July 01, 2020 | 08:00 AM
- Friday, July 31, 2020 | 08:00 PM
City parks and outdoor fitness locations.