FACILITY AND SHELTER RENTAL GUIDELINES
Thank you for choosing to rent a Surfside Splash Park and/or Picnic Shelter. We hope the amenities and our staff satisfies your needs and contributes to the enjoyment of your planned activities.
Your reservation is valid from the start time listed on your confirmation receipt to the end time listed on the receipt. This time includes event set up and clean up and it is expected that the renter and all guests from their party be clear of the reserved area/park by the confirmed end time. Spray features will turn off 30 minutes prior to the end time of facility rentals.
PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE ENFORCED:
• Admission is not included in Large or Small Shelter rental fee. $1 admission fee per person for residents, $3 admission fee per person for nonresidents
• All persons using the splash park do so at their own risk.
• For your safety and the safety of others, Splash Park personnel will enforce the rules as necessary.
• The use of toys at the Splash Park will be at the discretion of the Splash Park staff.
• The City of Lakewood is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
• Children under 7 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (18 years or older) at all times.
• Infants need to wear swim diapers or rubber pants if not toilet trained.
• Do not place foreign objects in the spray jets.
• No running
• Family Friendly Area! Inappropriate behavior/profane language will result in ejection.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE PROHIBITED.
• Consumption of alcohol.
• Smoking and Vaping.
• Glass beverage containers.
• Animals of any kind with the exception of ADA service animals.
• Amplified music of any kind that would disturb residents or other park users.
• Alterations of or physical damage to park shelters or resources.
• Resale of food, beverages or other products.
• Placement of anything that blocks sidewalks or paths. Placement of buildings, structures, tents, canopies, charcoal grills or other equipment on the grass.
• Piñatas, confetti, silly string or similar items that when broken or used require extensive cleanup.
• Dunk tanks, jumping castles or similar items.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH RENTAL:
1. Electricity is NOT available in all shelters.
2. Shelters must be left in a clean and orderly condition. All litter such as decorations, unwanted food, trash, etc. must be placed in the trash receptacles provided. Contact park staff if you need additional trash bags or if any trash receptacle in the area requires removal.
3. Applicant is responsible for any damage to sod, irrigation system, trees, shrubs or shelters.
4. Applicant is responsible for the conduct and control of participants. All shelter use must be under the direct supervision of an adult.
5. Activities must not conflict with or hamper public use of any park area, endanger persons or property or create a dangerous condition on park property or adjacent areas.
6. Permission to use a shelter does not constitute an endorsement by the City of Lakewood of any organization or group or of the beliefs of any organization or group.
7. Use of shelter will be denied if the group is advancing any doctrine or theory subversive to the Constitution or laws of the United States or the State of Colorado or if the group advocates social or political change by the use of violence.
8. The City of Lakewood will not be held liable for any injuries to participants or damage to equipment or supplies. The applicant assumes all responsibility for use.
9. Rental records are kept and denial of future rentals of City facilities could result if these conditions are not met.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
A cancellation due to possible inclement weather must be received by noon (12:00 pm) the day of the scheduled event. Please call 720-963-5368 to cancel. If staff does not answer, please leave a message stating your name, reservation date and telephone number. If these provisions are not met, you will forfeit a service charge in the amount of $30.00.
If Surfside Spray Park staff must close the park due to inclement weather, a member of the staff will contact you as soon as possible at the contact number provided during the reservation process. Should the park be made unavailable to your group, the City will refund the reservation fee within five (5) business days.
Cancellations received two or more weeks prior to an event may refunded. No refunds or rescheduling of reservations will be made for cancellations received less than two weeks prior to a scheduled event.