Eat, have fun and make friends.
The City of Lakewood partners with Volunteers of America (VOA) to offer hot, nutritious meals for people age 60 and older, with wellness and social activities taking place before and during the meal. Meals are served in the dining room of the Clements Community Center.
Meals are served Monday through Thursdays and the first Friday of each month at noon and should be reserved in advance.
View the Calendar
To find out what's on the menu for the day, view the monthly menu links below. If you need assistance navigating the menu, call 303-987-4820.
View the January menu(PDF, 119KB) (includes nutritional facts)
For those age 60 and older, a $2.50 contribution is suggested, but do not let that stop you from participating in the lunch program. You can reserve a lunch at no charge. The charge for those under age 60 is $8.50, which cannot be waived.
Please call 303-987-4833 to register and reserve your meal. Reservations need to be given two business days in advance before 11 a.m.
If you have missed the reservation deadline, please call on the day that you want to have lunch to see if there is room for that day.
Fitness and social activities happen before and during the meal. Activities may change monthly and include:
- SilverSneakers® Yoga on Mondays and Wednesdays weekly.
- SilverSneakers® Classic on Tuesdays and Thursdays weekly.
- Live music on most Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Free blood pressure checks on the second and fourth Wednesday.
- Bingo on the second and fourth Monday.
- Free movies on the second and fourth Monday, occurring after the meal.
- Presentations once a month by the Lakewood Police Department and Lakewood’s Family Services.
View the Calendar
Lakewood Rides is a transportation program which offers residents of Lakewood transportation to and from the dining site at no charge. Contributions are always welcome. Free parking is also available at the Clements Community Center.
For more information, please call the Older Adult Nutrition Coordinator at 303-987-4833.