Board of Appeals
The Board of Appeals, quasi-judicial(PDF, 87KB) body, consists of seven members appointed by the Lakewood City Council to serve three-year terms.
The Board hears and makes decisions on appeals from any order (or the failure to issue an order when one is called for), requirement, decision or determination made by the Codes Administrator, their authorized representatives or other administrative official in the following areas:
- to determine the suitability of alternate materials and methods of construction.
- to review all provisions of the Building and Construction Code.
- to conduct appellate hearings in cases of denial, revocation or suspension of a license and to advise the Codes Administrator on all matters related to licensing.
- to review changes in the Building Code and advise City Council with respect to desirability and necessity for any such changes.
- to receive proposals for amendments to the Building Code and make recommendations to the City Council in respect thereto.
- to maintain contacts with the fire districts in Lakewood and the Police Department in order to receive their recommendations for amendments to the Building Code.
- to call upon and receive expert opinions with respect to the broad spectrum of building matters, particularly as it relates to proposed amendments to the Building Code.
Board of Appeals Information Sheet(PDF, 182KB)
Nov. 29, 2022 meeting canceled
Next Meeting Dec. 6, 2022
Meetings are held as needed. Typically, the Board of Appeals meets four or five times a year for approximately one to two hours.
Board of Appeals Liaisons
Berta Saracino, Secretary to the Board of Appeals, 303-987-7502, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Gonzales - Term ends: 3/31/2024
Vacant - Term ends: 3/31/2023
Jennifer Salisbury - Term ends: 3/31/2023
Robert Ramsour - Term ends: 3/31/2025
Matthew Leonard - Term ends: 3/31/2024
Alejandro "Alessandro" Barba - Term ends: 3/31/2023
Vacant - Term ends: 3/31/2026
Boards and Commissions Coordinator
City Clerk’s Office, 303-987-7080