Concrete Replacement Program

  • Project typeConcrete Replacement Program
  • Project scheduleMarch 2020 - November 2020
  • Contractor nameMetro Pavers
  • Completion DateNovember 30, 2020
Crew repairing concrete.

 

 

 

 

What to expect

Concrete sections that meet the City Specifications for replacement will be marked with white paint by the city inspector.

No parking signs will be placed 24 hours before work will commence. If you are parked in the no parking areas the City will short tow your vehicle at the City’s expense. All towed cars are reported to the City of Lakewood Police department and typically only towed far enough to allow work to proceed. 

The contractor is responsible for repairing/replacing any damages to property including but not limited to items such as landscaping, sprinkler systems, fencing, etc.

If the concrete in your area requires an asphalt patch back please follow the same guidelines above until the project is completed and traffic cones have been removed.

A cracked sidewalk marked for repair.

Specifications

Excessive heaving or settlement, greater than 1” 

Three or more traverse cracks within any two-foot section 

Significant Longitudinal cracking (especially in flowline) 

Excessive chipping or spalling 

Surface cracks do not qualify, only full depth cracks extending the length of the concrete section.

 

Cost Share Program

The City offers a cost share program to contract between the city and homeowner repairs that do not meet city specification for repair or for the installation of driveway curb cuts. This cost share program offers the opportunity for the homeowner to pay 75% of the cost of the project and the city picks up the remaining 25%. 

If you are interested in installing a city compliant driveway curb cut please schedule an appointment with the city inspector to review the repairs and provide a quote.

 If you have any questions or concerns about the project, repairs, or the City Cost Share program, please contact our construction inspector.

2020 Concrete Replacement Map(PDF, 2MB)