Addenbrooke Park Renovation and Art Installation
There are exciting changes coming soon to Addenbrooke Park! There are many facets to this project including the following:
Addenbrooke Park Fitness Court
National Fitness Campaign (NFC) has awarded $30,000 to the City of Lakewood as part of the NFC annual grant program through the 2019 Healthy Cities Campaign.
The NFC grant program is designed to activate public spaces by connecting trails, well-placed pedestrian infrastructure and community meeting points with a central outdoor fitness facility — The Fitness Court® — that brings free, world-class fitness to everyone.
- A concrete pad and access paths will be completed by the end of June.
- The outdoor fitness equipment installation is currently scheduled for August with a launch date to be determined, likely early September.
- After the outdoor fitness equipment installation, the Fitness Court® phone app will launch, providing training programs and challenges showing residents how to use their new equipment.
Lakewood’s 50th Anniversary Art Installation
Lakewood's 50th Anniversary is a time to honor our community’s unique history, diverse residents and those who laid the foundation for incorporation and paved the way for the city's sense of community, culture and inclusiveness.
We’ll highlight the early families and visionary leaders, entrepreneurs, staff, volunteers and of course, the residents who together create and strengthen the community fabric that is Lakewood.
- Installation will be completed by October 12, 2019.
- The artist and city representatives are currently finalizing the design.
- The artist and fabricator will create and handle the installation of the artwork.
- The city will prepare the site for the artwork installation, access path and beautiful landscaping.
Addenbrooke Park Playground Replacement
Keep an eye out for information on the public engagement process to determine the new look and feel of the future Addenbrooke Park playground, coming this fall!
- Necessary concrete repair will occur next year as it is preferable to provide access for work at the playground with the existing, cracked concrete in place. Playground installation is targeted for October or November of this year.