Grin and Bear It Family Adventure
This event has passed. Details for the summer 2020 event will be posted in the spring.
This annual family adventure race involves teams of two that will compete by completing a lake crossing, mountain bike course and a run. There are two categories: adult with a youth 6-11 years old and adult with a youth 12-16 years old. All registrants will receive an event t-shirt.
View 2019 Results
Giggling Bears: 6-11 Years Old
||Team Chunk Iron Chest
|| Bike Law
||Pink Fluffy Unicorns
||The Salty Pretzels
||The Not So Infamous Iversens
||The Clary Sages
||Batman and Robin
||Pink Power Puffs
||The Cassanie Bananas
||Pop and Tart
||The Purple Wildcats
||The Rocket Girls
Grinning Bears: 12-16 Years Old
||The Salty Grapes
||Super Scary Caterpillars
Date: Friday, July 19, 2019
Time: 6-9 p.m.
Location: Bear Creek Lake Park
Ages: 6 and up
Cost: $50/team, park entrance fee is waived.
- The race starts at 6 p.m., so please arrive early to get checked in and setup your transition area.
- The event begins and ends at the marina at Big Soda Lake, the parking lot just past the swim beach.
- Plan to get wet 1-3 times, at least to your knees!
- The course will once again consist of a start "challenge", a short canoe segment on Big Soda Lake, a mountain bike course, and a run:
- Grinning Bear (adult + 12-16 yrs): approximately 5.75 miles
- Giggling Bear (adult + 6-11 yrs): approximately 3 miles, includes some narrow single track including the Cottonwood Trail
- Grinning Bear (adult + 12-16 yrs): approximately 2.5 miles
- Giggling Bear (adult + 6-11 yrs): approximately 1.5 miles
- We will provide all canoes and paddles, along with water at the transition area. You must provide your bike and other gear.
- A helmet is required at all times on the bicycle segment, and a properly fitting life jacket is required for the canoe segment. You are welcome to bring your own life jackets, but we will provide them as well.
- Teammates must stay together at all times and will need to finish together.
- Remember that trails are open to other users, and roads are open to traffic, so please be cautious.
- We will provide food following the event.
Thanks to our Generous Sponsor:
Friday, July 19, 2019 | 06:00 PM
- 09:00 PM
Bear Creek Lake Park, 15600 W. Morrison Rd., 80465 View Map