GENERAL INFORMATION: Thank you for choosing to rent a City of Lakewood Picnic Shelter. We hope it satisfies your needs and contributes to the enjoyment of your planned activities. We appreciate your cooperation in leaving a clean shelter so that other users may experience the same atmosphere you have enjoyed. Your reservation is valid from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Please be sure to have reservation paperwork with you. Shelters are cleaned and ready by 10:00 a.m. on the day of your reservation. Please note that shelters may be utilized by drop-in users prior to your reservation. This is especially important if the shelter is being rented for a wedding or reception. Renters should arrive far enough in advance of their guests to complete additional cleanup if necessary. If you experience any non-emergency problems at the shelter you have reserved, please call the Lakewood Police Department non-emergency number 303-980-7300.
*Park hours are from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. All shelter rentals are from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Consumption of alcohol (other than beer) requires an Alcohol Permit. The cost of an Alcohol Permit is $100. If you are reserving a shelter online, an alcohol permit can be added to your reservation. You can also call 303-987-7800.
DAMAGE CHARGES: A damage fee may be assessed if damage occurs concurrent with the cost of repairs, or if excessive trash is left at the shelter due to your rental. Take a picture of the shelter when you arrive and when you leave for documentation purposes. Images can be emailed to CRInfo@Lakewood.org .
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received 14 days or more prior to a reservation will forfeit a service charge in the amount of $20.00. No refunds or rescheduling of reservations will be made for cancellations received less than 14 days prior to a scheduled event.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: A cancellation due to inclement weather must be received by midnight of the day before the scheduled reservation. Please call 303- 987-7800 to cancel; voicemail will document the time of your call. Please state your name, reservation date, park name and shelter number (if any). If these provisions are met, a reservation can be rescheduled for another available date within the same calendar year, or a refund (less a $20.00 service charge) can be made. No refunds will be made for calls received after midnight.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE PROHIBITED: All park rules and regulations will be enforced.
- Smoking is prohibited per Lakewood Municipal Code 9.38.030.
- Driving off designated roadways. This includes driving beyond curb lines and designated parking area or onto sidewalks to load or unload any kind of equipment or supplies.
- Amplified music of any kind that would disturb residents or other park users.
- Placement of anything that blocks sidewalks or paths. Placement of buildings, structures, tents, canopies, charcoal grills or other equipment on the grass.
- Piñatas or similar items that when broken require extensive cleanup.
- Glass beverage containers.
- Alterations of or physical damage to park shelters or resources.
- Resale of food, beverages or other products.
- Removal of tables from other areas.
- Dunk tanks, jumping castles or similar items.
- Playing horseshoes in non-designated areas.
REQUIREMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH RENTAL:
- Electricity and water are not available in the shelters.
- Park shelters must be left in clean and orderly condition. All litter such as decorations, unwanted food and any other refuse resulting from the activities of the shelter users which accumulates in the shelter or in the surrounding park area must be placed in the trash receptacles provided. Bring your own trash bags in case of excess trash. Trash must be bagged, secured and placed next to the trash receptacles. Rental records are kept and denial of future rentals of City facilities could result if these conditions are not met.
- Applicant is responsible for any damage to sod, irrigation system, trees, shrubs or shelters.
- Applicant must bring the copy of a Park Reservation Request on the day of the rental, to be made available to City personnel upon request.
- Applicant is responsible for the conduct of participants. All park shelter use must be under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Activities must not conflict with or hamper public use of any park area, endanger persons or property or create a dangerous condition on park property or adjacent areas.
- A park shelter reservation does not include use of a ballfield. Ballfields, volleyball courts and tennis courts must be reserved separately by calling the Adult Sports Coordinator at 303-987-4804.
- Permission to use a park shelter does not constitute an endorsement by the City of Lakewood of any organization or group or of the beliefs of any organization or group.
- Use of park shelters will be denied if the group is advancing any doctrine or theory subversive to the Constitution or laws of the United States or the State of Colorado or if the group advocates social or political change by the use of violence.
- The City of Lakewood will not be held liable for any injuries to participants or damage to equipment or supplies. The applicant assumes all responsibility for use.
If you are planning on having a food truck at any park, you are required to apply for a permit. You can do so by filling out the Community and Special Event Application.
Community & Special Event Application