Welcome to Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park! Thank you for considering us for your next event.
Due to large site-wide events at Heritage Lakewood there are no rentals available through January 22, 2022 as well as between September 24, 2022 and January 22, 2023.
Your experience at Heritage Lakewood is our highest priority. We pride ourselves on serving you and will work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.
Our festival grounds, inside Belmar Park, are located only a few blocks from Belmar Colorado, Lakewood’s downtown area. Our site offers an outdoor amphitheater, gazebo, onsite parking (134 regular spaces and 12 accessible spaces), food truck and vendor hub, and onsite electricity and water. All of these amenities are set amid historic landmark buildings of the 20th century with a beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains.
In keeping with the mission of Heritage Lakewood, we welcome and strongly encourage community-minded and heritage-focused events that connect the community and its generations to the 20th century history and heritage of Lakewood. This is a great venue for organizations to present new and exciting events for residents to enjoy.
The following Special Event Application has been created to help maximize successful, safe, healthy, secure and enjoyable event experiences for our guests while protecting and preserving Lakewood’s assets and resources. Heritage Lakewood also has a responsibility (with regard to noise, safety, security, traffic and other event impacts) to our parks, neighbors, neighborhoods, residents, roadways, businesses and partners. Therefore, the regulations listed in this document are in place for every event, including its producers, managers, vendors and participants.
Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions or concerns during the application process. Thank you again for your time and interest — we look forward to working with you!
Community Event Coordinator
Special Event Information
Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park
801 S. Yarrow St.
Lakewood, CO 80226
- Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the event.
- Applications must be submitted with a $50 application fee and all required supplemental documents or they will be deemed incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Nonprofit organizations must provide proof of nonprofit status.
- Applicants are required to read and comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines for temporary events, which are available at https://adata.org/publication/temporary-events-guide.
- Applications must be submitted in person, with a valid state-issued ID, to the Heritage Lakewood. Please allow two weeks for review and consideration.
Special Event Application(PDF, 285KB)
SECTION 1: STAFF CONTACT INFORMATION
A number of city staff members are involved in the permit application process and other functions necessary to ensure your event is successful. Below is a listing of the contact information for relevant city staff:
SECTION 2: GENERAL PERMIT INFORMATION
Certification / Permit
Certificate of Approval to Operate Temporary Food Service Event
Jeffco Health Dept.
Special Event Permit (Fire)
West Metro Fire District
Special Event Permit (Liquor License)
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
SECTION 3: STANDARD REQUIREMENTS
Application acceptance is contingent upon standard requirement compliance.
- Events within the months of June, July, and August must be no more than two consecutive days.
- Inclement Weather Notice: The city will not issue refunds for inclement weather unless it cancels your event due to severe weather.
- Applicants must be in good financial standing with the city and pass a financial clearance for past due accounts. Applicants are responsible for all fees and appropriate permits for the event, if approved.
- Applicants must provide all equipment, supplies and personnel necessary for the event.
- Amplified sound is allowed only between 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. and shall not exceed an average of 90dB, with no more than a 95dB peak.
- Applicants must provide at least one (1) regular portable toilet for every 150 people estimated to attend and one (1) accessible unit and hand-washing station for every 500 people estimated to attend.
- Applicants must provide at least ten (10) trash receptacles and one (1) appropriately sized roll-off container placed throughout the site and serviced hourly. Events with more than an estimated 500 people are required to provide a recycling plan.
- All marketing items must contain the following language: “This event is not sponsored by the City of Lakewood.” Marketing is the sole responsibility of the applicant. The city may support some marketing efforts upon request: including Heritage Lakewood Marquee Sign (dependent upon other city events); the display of approved posters and rack cards at Heritage Lakewood; the display of approved lawn signs at Heritage Lakewood in agreed upon locations (up to two weeks prior); and a mention on the Heritage Lakewood Facebook page.
- Minimum insurance requirements (due 1 month prior to event):
- General Aggregate: $1,000,000
- Products - Completed Operations Aggregate: $1,000,000
- Personal Injury: $500,000
- Each Occurrence: $500,000
- Damage to Premises Rented to You: $100,000
- Medical Expenses (Any One Person): $5,000
- Automobile Liability Insurance
- Liquor Liability Insurance (if applicable)
(Insurance policies shall name the City of Lakewood as an additional insured. Proof of insurance shall be accompanied by all policy endorsements.)
SECTION 4: FEE STRUCTURE
Non-Refundable Application Fee: $50
Due with the application submittal. Make checks out to “City of Lakewood.”
Daily Rental Fee and Security Deposit:
Total Attendance Numbers
Daily Rental Fee**
500 - 1000 people
$1000 / 8hr day
1001 – 1500 people
$1500 / 8hr day
1501 – 2000 people
$2000 / 8hr day
2001 – 3000 people
$2500 / 8hr day
3001 – 5000 people
$3500 / 8hr day
*Based on customer need, additional charges may be added to the Incidental Expense Deposit. See below for more details.
**A fee of $250/hr will be added to the daily rate for hours exceeding the eight included in the daily rental fee.
A Security Deposit is due with the signed Facility Use Agreement and secures the dates for the event. The city will refund the Security Deposit via mail within four (4) weeks following the event assuming the site has not sustained any damage. If the event hours run over the times projected in the application and estimate, the daily rental fee will be adjusted and paid with available funds from the security deposit.
Heritage Lakewood has the following expectations of rentals:
- Tenant will return the event facility to its original state immediately following the event.
- Any large and/or rental structures must be removed by the first business day following the event.
- Prior to departure, a city representative will complete a check out form with tenant to ensure site compliance. See Section 5 for site compliance.
The daily rental fee is based on the anticipated attendance of the event and is fixed once the Facility Use Agreement has been executed. It is due in full 60 days prior to the date of the contracted event(s). For events booked less than 60 days in advance, all fees are due with the signed Facility Reservation Agreement.
The incidental expense fee is based on event size and need, and is applied at the discretion of the Community Event Coordinator. The city will estimate these needs prior to the event and determine the incidental expense deposit.
The Incidental Expense Fee may include, but is not limited to:
- Portable Toilets: $55/unit/servicing
Four (4) or more portable toilets, depending on the month, are located on site all season long. The city charges a service fee of $55 per unit and will charged the applicant/promotions representative for the total number of units that are on site at the time of the event.
- Custodian: $25/hr
The custodian maintains indoor restrooms. This fee will apply if the event occurs during normal operating hours of the Visitor Center and exceeds 1,500 people.
- Event Manager: $40/hr
Hours and need are subject to the discretion of the Community Events Coordinator. Up to four hours of advanced event planning and logistics consultation is included with each rental.
- Event Assistant: $25/hr
Hours and need are subject to the discretion of the Community Events Coordinator.
- Visitor Services Associate: $25/hr
This fee will apply if the Visitor Center will be used beyond normal operating hours.
- Security Guard: $40/hr
This fee will apply if the event features alcohol service and no security has been arranged.
The deposit is due in full 60 days prior to the date of the contracted event(s). Final settlement will be determined, based on use, and presented to the client within 30 days following the event.
SECTION 5: SITE COMPLIANCE
While we encourage all users to respect our site and leave it in the condition in which it was found, the following items are a few common violations (committed by the applicant, applicant representative or a vendor) that may lead to partial or complete withholding of the security deposit:
- Failure to remove trash;
- Failure to collect trash from surrounding grass, sidewalks or landscaping;
- Failure to remove decoration and signage;
- Failure to remove large structures or rental items by the first business day following the event;
- Disposal of ice, grease or other substances on grass or landscaping;
- Driving on the grass;
- Vehicle speed exceeding 5 mph on facility grounds;
- Ground staking of any kind;
- Driving on facility grounds without authorization;
- Use of prohibited decorating materials: ground stakes, staples, nails, adhesives of any kind, balloons, fireworks, fog machines, rice or birdseed;
- Placing signage of any kind on buildings without permission;
- Failure to notify/check-in with Heritage Lakewood staff upon arrival and prior to departure;
- Failure to comply with alcohol plan, boundaries and all requirements imposed pursuant to the special event liquor license, if any.
***Multiple violations may result in the denial of applications to hold future events at Heritage Lakewood.
SECTION 6: TERMINATION; EVENT CANCELLATION
The city reserves the right to refuse approval of or to cancel any permit or license issued for the use of the Heritage Lakewood when deemed necessary, in the best interest of the city.
Cancellation by the Applicant must be provided to the city in writing. Any refund of fees will be as follows:
- If the Applicant cancels the event ninety (90) days or more before the first scheduled day of the event, the city shall return to the Applicant the entire Rental Fee and Security Deposit, less out-of-pocket expenses and an administrative fee of Fifty Dollars ($50.00). .
- If the Applicant cancels the event between ninety (90) days and thirty (30) days before the first scheduled day of the event, the city will return to the Applicant one-half (½) of the Rental Fee and the entire Security Deposit, less out-of-pocket expenses and an administrative fee of Fifty Dollars ($50.00).
- If the Applicant cancels the event thirty (30) days or less prior to the first scheduled day of the event, the Applicant shall not be entitled to a refund of any part of the Rental Fee. The city will return to Applicant the Security Deposit, less out-of-pocket expenses and an administrative fee of Fifty Dollars ($50.00).
- Regardless of the date of cancellation by Applicant, in the event the city has incurred out-of-pocket expenses, and no Security Deposit was paid, such out-of-pocket expenses will be invoiced to the Applicant and due to the city within thirty (30) days of receipt.
SECTION 7: REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & CHECKLIST:
To submit application:
- $50 Application Fee (check may be made out to the City of Lakewood)
- Completed Special Event Application
- Copy of IRS-issued determination letter stating non-profit 501 (c) status (if applicable)
- Electrical Plan – Section V
- Alcohol Service Plan – Section VI (if applicable)
- Fencing Plan – Section VII
- Security Plan – Section X
- Site map (indicating fencing, temporary structures, portable toilets, vendors, trash, tent weighting system, etc.)
To submit once the city has approved the event; provide with the signed the Facility Reservation Agreement:
- Security Deposit payment (check made payable to the City of Lakewood) – Section 4
- Certificate of insurance accompanied by all policy endorsements
- Proofs of all marketing materials
Due 60 days prior to event:
- Rental Fee (check payable to the “City of Lakewood”)
- Incidental Fee Deposit (check payable to the “City of Lakewood”)
Due one month prior to event:
- Contact information for all contractors and rentals
- Updated site map
- Copy of Special Event Permit issued by City Clerk’s Office for alcohol service – Sections 1 & 2 (if applicable)
- Copy of Special Event Permit issued by West Metro Fire Protection District – Sections 1 & 2 (if applicable)
- Copy of Certificate of Approval to Operate a Temporary Food Service Event issued by the Jefferson County Health Department – Sections 1 & 2 (if applicable)
- Complete list of food and merchandise vendors – Section VI (if applicable)
- Required food vendor documents – Section VI (if applicable):
- Certificate of liability insurance
- Copy of Retail Food Establishment License OR Jefferson County Certificate of Approval
- Copy of Bingo-Raffle License – Section IV (if applicable)
- COVID Mitigation Plan
Required within 30 days of receiving the final settlement:
- Final documented attendance numbers with a copy of ticket settlements and customer zip codes (if applicable).
- Incidental Expense Fee payment.