How it works
If you're a local group who is interested in getting involved, please read through the guidelines below and submit the entry form by November 20. If your entry is selected, you'll be notified to decorate your lamp post by December 1. Our goal is to highlight the diversity and culture of our community during this year-end celebration. Join us in this fun and friendly competition!
Voting will begin December 1 and continue until the winner is announced on December 11. Ballots can be picked up at the Visitor Center December 1-10.
First place receives a year of bragging rights, a trophy with the group’s name inscribed to be kept at the winner’s location for a year, a group tour of Heritage Lakewood and a $500 credit towards meeting and event space rental at HLBP.
We have 15 lamp posts available here at Heritage Lakewood and we welcome creativity and holiday spirit! You may promote your club, school, church, business, or other organization without specific business solicitation. Please keep all décor family friendly.
The City of Lakewood reserves the right to re-assign lamp posts, deny inappropriate submissions and to remove any decorations that are not being maintained.
- Specific lamp posts on site will be allotted on a first come, first serve basis.
- You must complete and submit the registration form below by November 20.
- Lamp post designs should be creative & festive, depicting the mission of each organization.
- Please use zip ties and ribbon to attach decorations to lamp posts, do not use wire or any adhesives.
- Decorations can reach up to 8’ high, but no more than 1’-2’ out from the base of the pole.
- Adopting group is responsible for purchasing and maintaining the decorations.
- The City reserves the right to remove any display if it is deemed appropriate.
- All posts must be decorated by Tuesday, December 1.
- All decorations must be removed no later than Monday, January 4.
Submit an entry form