Limited Operations Info
City Council meetings
Remote meetings will be created temporarily for upcoming dates, and LakewoodSpeaks.org will be used for public comment.
Lakewood Police Department
Agents will respond to all priority calls. A priority call for service is any situation where there is a crime in progress whether a life is in danger or not. Please call 911 in these situations. Otherwise, please use the department’s online crime reporting option.
Fingerprinting services for the public are closed until further notice.
Public Health Order Enforcement Questions: Lakewood Police Educate, Emphasize, Encourage(PDF, 119KB)
City of Lakewood staff – including park rangers and community service officers – will be doing proactive patrols of parks and recreation areas, businesses and neighborhoods. Our primary goal is to first educate individuals and groups about the order to encourage compliance and discourage future violations. Further violations of the order by individuals and groups can result in citations and fines.
Lakewood Municipal Court and the Public Safety Center, 445 S. Allison Parkway, have reopened to the public.
See complete details(PDF, 1MB) regarding building entry and eligibility for online court cases, etc.
Call or email to reschedule court dates: 303-987-7400, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jurors scheduled for jury duty on May 29 are excused.
For traffic-related court dates, please contact the court by email to request a plea agreement by mail or a new court date.
- Email the court at email@example.com. Include what occurred the day of your citation, any relevant information to the plea, your name, date of birth, phone number and citation number (L12345 or LE12345 at the top right of the ticket). The court will forward the file to the prosecutor’s office to reach out to you after the file has been reviewed. You may be able to settle your case without appearing in court.
Pay tickets, search cases, request records online: municourtportal.lakewood.org
Arts, parks, recreation and family services
For full details and our refund policy, visit the COVID-19 arts, parks and recreation page.
Golf courses are open. All reservations must be made over phone and pre-paid in advance. Group reservations must be pre-paid in advance by the individual making the reservation. No cash, coupons or Expo cards will be accepted. To reserve, call Fox Hollow at 303-986-7888 or Homestead at 720-963-5181.
Fox Hollow restrictions | Homestead restrictions
ARTS, PARKS, RECREATION AND FAMILY:
In compliance with Public Health orders, all city arts and recreation facilities are closed until further notice. Family services facilities are closed until further notice. All performances and events at the Lakewood Cultural Center theater have been canceled or postponed until further notice. Outdoor pools and splash parks are closed for the summer.
Summer registration has been canceled. Virtual programs can be found at Lakewood.org/VirtualPrograms.
- Facility reservations and shelter rentals are suspended at least through May 31.
- Bear Creek Lake Park annual passes can be purchased at Lakewood.org/Register.
- Lakewood Rides will continue with limited service for nutritional and medical purposes only. Call 303-987-4826 to confirm.
- Volunteers of America (VOA) meal program: The hot meal site at Clements Community Center is suspended through April 30. Meals will be delivered upon request to Lakewood residents who are currently registered for the meal program and Lakewood Rides. Call 303-987-4833 to request a meal.
Have questions? Email CRinfo@Lakewood.org or call 303-987-7800.
Utility bills, business licenses, taxes
Please pay these bills online:
Permit counter and development items
Permit Counter is closed to the public. However, we are still reviewing and processing permits.
See options for submitting permit applications
Inspections will continue.
- Contractor registration
- Re-roof permits
- Water heater and furnace replacement permits
- Prepaid electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits that are part of a permitted construction project
Additional questions: 303-987-7500
Planning services are available remotely at 303-987-7571 or POD@lakewood.org.
City Clerk’s Office
- Passports are not available until further notice.
- Dog licensing is only available online.
Business and economic development services
Please call 303-987-7730 and services will be provided remotely.
Resources to assist businesses and employers
- Quail Street Recycling Center: Closed until further notice.