July 1 Update
Carmody Recreation Center will reopen July 6 in a limited capacity. An online reservation is required.
June 25 Update
Swimming is now allowed at Bear Creek Lake Park's Big Soda Lake.
June 24 Update
The campground restrooms and coin-operated showers are now open.
June 22 Update
- Surfside Spray Park will reopen June 23 in a limited capacity. An online reservation is required.
Reservations are now available for picnic shelter reservations and outdoor special event permits at 50% of a shelter’s listed capacity, up to 125 people, beginning July 6. Staff will disinfect shelters associated with rentals and events before a rental. Physical distancing of all guests and vendors is required.
June 8 Update
Lakewood's 45th annual Cider Days fall festival will not take place this year due to continued public health orders restricting large gatherings. We look forward to bringing back this celebration next year.
June 3 Update
Park playgrounds and outside fitness equipment will reopen June 4. There is a limit of 10 people in each area. Follow social distancing guidelines.
May 29 Update
Athletic field rentals are now being accepted.
May 28 Update
The phased reopening of Lakewood's Civic Center will begin June 1 with a modified structure of specific services available to the public in the South Building at 480 S. Allison Parkway. The North Building at 470 S. Allison Parkway will remain closed.
Masks and social distancing of at least 6 feet are required for entry, with gatherings of no more than 10 people.
See details of reopening hours and services available.
May 27 Update
Big Soda Lake will reopen May 30 for paddle craft use (canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, windsurfers, belly boats and rafts).
Shoreline use and swimming is not allowed at this time and the swim beach will remain closed. Lake and shoreline use will be reevaluated on June 30, subject to updates on public health orders from the state and county. Updated June 10: Big Soda Lake remains closed to swimming.
May 26 Update
Online reservations may now be made at Fox Hollow and Homestead Golf Courses for tee times starting June 1 or later. These online reservations must be pre-paid with credit card. Visit GolfLakewood.org to make a reservation.
May 19 Update
Outdoor sports courts are now open with social distancing rules in place.
May 15 Update
The Community Resources Department has performed an extensive review of the Safer at Home public health orders to ensure that the city’s facilities and programs are in compliance with protecting everyone’s health and safety. As a result, the following decisions have been made.
- The Lakewood tennis center and outdoor pickleball and tennis courts will reopen on Saturday, May 16. There is a limit of 10 people on the courts at any time.
- Outdoor basketball courts have reopened. Less than 4 people from a household may play together.
- The Ute Trail Community Garden and Jefferson Green Garden are open with limitations of 10 people in the garden.
- Summer camps and indoor programming are canceled for the 2020 summer season, camp participants have been notified and refunds will be initiated within the next week. Several Head Start families will be supported with programs through the summer.
- Due to Public Health orders and consideration of the health and safety of our residents and employees, all community events are canceled for the summer. These include the Big Boom Bash on July 4, the Rockin’ Block Party event and the Summer Concert series. We look forward to celebrating our Lakewood community next year.
- Outdoor pools and spray grounds are closed for the summer in compliance with Public Health orders. June 22 update: Surfside Spray Park is now open.
The swim beach and marina and associated activities at Big Soda Lake in Bear Creek Lake Park are closed through at least Memorial Day. Staff is working through new protocols and will reevaluate access opportunities after Memorial Day. (see update above)
- City parks are open to the public. Practice social distancing when utilizing trails and parks.
Park playgrounds, shelters, outdoor fitness equipment are closed until further notice. These areas have reopened
- At William F. Hayden Park, rangers will continue to close the trailhead and parking areas temporarily when they are at capacity.
- Lakewood Recreation, culture and arts facilities will remain closed until further notice in compliance with Public Health orders.
- Outdoor personal training has begun, limited to no more than 4 in a group.
- On June 1, camping will be allowed at Bear Creek Lake Park.
Restroom facilities will remain closed at the campground; Update: Restrooms and showers, water-fills/spigots, and the sanitation/dump station are all now open.
Lakewood Civic Center city offices at 470 & 480 S. Allison Parkway will reopen on June 1 (except the Lakewood Cultural Center), with safety protocols in place under the state's public health order. More information will be available as we approach reopening.
May 8 Update
Lakewood Municipal Court and the Public Safety Center, 445 S. Allison Parkway, will re-open to the public beginning Monday, May 18.
See complete details(PDF, 1MB) regarding building entry and eligibility for online court cases, etc.
May 7 Update
Municipal Court jurors scheduled for jury duty on May 8, 15, 22, and 29 are excused.
Big Soda Lake to close
Beginning May 9, Big Soda Lake at Bear Creek Lake Park, including the swim beach, marina, and all associated lake activities, will close until further notice. The closure will be reevaluated after Memorial Day. The park and trails remain open. View the news release for more details.
May 6 Update
Small business grants offered
Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District offers grants to help small businesses recover and adapt from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Registration for summer programs canceled
Summer registration, which was previously rescheduled to May 14, is canceled. Visit the programs page for more details.
Golf carts and practice facilities available for use May 9
All reservations still must be made by phone and prepaid with card. Visit Lakewood.org/Golf for details.
May 5 Update
We announced the reopening of tennis and pickleball courts on May 5, later realizing Colorado guidance specially only allows play with up to four members of the same household, making it difficult to manage compliance. Therefore, the city will be unable to open the courts and await future modifications to Public Health Orders from the State of Colorado and Jefferson County Public Health.
May 1 Update
The Rooney Road Recycling Center has re-opened with modified appointment procedures for the health and safety of customers and staff. To schedule an appointment, visit www.rooneyroadrecycling.org.
April 30 Update
Jurors scheduled for Lakewood Municipal Court jury duty on May 1 are excused.
April 29 Update
April 24 Update
Video: Statement from Lakewood Mayor Adam Paul
April 22 Update
Lakewood Municipal Court and the Public Safety Building will remain closed to the public through Friday, May 15, and re-open on Monday, May 18 at 8 a.m.
- The Municipal Court and Police Department will continue to evaluate whether further closure is necessary beyond May 18.
- Municipal Court Information
City golf courses opened April 18
All Lakewood parks are open, however, recreation centers, playgrounds, shelters, outdoor fitness equipment and courts, and the campground at Bear Creek Lake Park are closed at least through May 31.
- No reservations are being accepted, until further notice, for shelters in parks, or for campsites at Bear Creek Lake Park.