Lakewood Hours & Services
The City of Lakewood is providing a modified structure of specific services available to the public in the South Building at 480 S. Allison Parkway. The North Building at 470 S. Allison Parkway remains closed.
Masks and social distancing of at least 6 feet are required for entry, with gatherings of no more than 10 people.
Hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
Limited Services Only:
- City Clerk's Office: Licenses and some permits
- Finance: Utility billing and sales tax payments
- Permit Counter: building- and contractor-related permits, applications, plans and reviews available by email, online or dropbox only (see details)
- Human Resources: by appointment only, 303-987-7700
- Community Resources: by appointment only, 303-987-7800
- City Manager's Office: by appointment only, 303-987-7050
- Economic Development: by appointment only, 303-987-7730
Entry to building allowed only for one of the above listed purposes.
Watch video: Guidelines for visiting City Hall
City Council meetings
Remote meetings will be created temporarily for upcoming dates, and LakewoodSpeaks.org will be used for public comment.
Lakewood Police Department
Agents will respond to all priority calls. A priority call for service is any situation where there is a crime in progress whether a life is in danger or not. Please call 911 in these situations. Otherwise, please use the department’s online crime reporting option.
Fingerprinting services for the public are closed until further notice.
Public Health Order Enforcement Questions: Lakewood Police Educate, Emphasize, Encourage(PDF, 119KB)
Lakewood Municipal Court and the Public Safety Center, 445 S. Allison Parkway, have reopened to the public.
See complete details(PDF, 1MB) regarding building entry and eligibility for online court cases, etc.
Call or email to reschedule court dates: 303-987-7400, email@example.com.
For traffic-related court dates, please contact the court by email to request a plea agreement by mail or a new court date.
- Email the court at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include what occurred the day of your citation, any relevant information to the plea, your name, date of birth, phone number and citation number (L12345 or LE12345 at the top right of the ticket). The court will forward the file to the prosecutor’s office to reach out to you after the file has been reviewed. You may be able to settle your case without appearing in court.
Pay tickets, search cases, request records online: municourtportal.lakewood.org
Arts, parks, recreation and family services
Most arts, parks, recreation and family services facilities are now open by reservation or to registered class participants. Golf courses are also open. Charles Whitlock Recreation Center is closed until further notice. Visit Lakewood.org/CR to browse services.
Most programs have now resumed either in-person or virtually, in a limited capacity. Visit Lakewood.org/Register for class listings.
Questions? Email CRinfo@Lakewood.org or call 303-987-7800.
Utility bills, business licenses, taxes
Please pay these bills online:
Permit counter and development items
Permit Counter is closed to the public. However, we are still reviewing and processing permits.
See options for submitting permit applications
Inspections will continue.
- Contractor registration
- Re-roof permits
- Water heater and furnace replacement permits
- Prepaid electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits that are part of a permitted construction project
Additional questions: 303-987-7500
Planning services are available remotely at 303-987-7571 or POD@lakewood.org.
City Clerk’s Office
- Passports are not available until further notice.
- Dog licensing is only available online.