Lakewood Hours & Services
The City of Lakewood is providing a modified structure of specific services available to the public in the South Building at 480 S. Allison Parkway. The North Building at 470 S. Allison Parkway remains closed.
As Lakewood continues to respond to and manage the impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic, the city has closed the doors to the Civic Center to ensure the safety of residents and city staff. The city is providing as many services remotely as possible, and residents are encouraged to access online or remote services as the safest, most convenient options. For in-person services, residents should call ahead to confirm that the service is available or call the main number at 303-987-7000.
Masks and social distancing of at least 6 feet are required for entry, with gatherings of no more than 10 people.
Hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
Limited Services Only:
- City Clerk's Office: Licenses and some permits
- Finance: Utility billing and sales tax payments
- Permit Counter: building- and contractor-related permits, applications, plans and reviews available by email, online or dropbox only (see details)
- Human Resources: by appointment only, 303-987-7700
- Community Resources: by appointment only, 303-987-7800
- City Manager's Office: by appointment only, 303-987-7050
- Economic Development: by appointment only, 303-987-7730
Entry to building allowed only for one of the above listed purposes.
Watch video: Guidelines for visiting City Hall
City Council meetings
Remote meetings will be created temporarily for upcoming dates, and LakewoodSpeaks.org will be used for public comment.
Lakewood Police Department
Agents will respond to all priority calls. A priority call for service is any situation where there is a crime in progress whether a life is in danger or not. Please call 911 in these situations. Otherwise, please use the department’s online crime reporting option.
Fingerprinting services for the public are closed until further notice.
Lakewood Police Records is closed to the public. To request police records or for records related questions, please visit the Police Records page at Lakewood.org, or email us at LPDRecords@lakewoodco.org if the website does not answer your question. If you are unable to contact us via email, records can be reached at 303-987-7331. Please note that our ability to answer calls is limited.
Public Health Order Enforcement Questions: Lakewood Police Educate, Emphasize, Encourage(PDF, 119KB)
Municipal Court has shifted to virtual operations for court cases. Please contact the court at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-987-7400, then prompt 0, to schedule your video or telephone appearance.
Call or email to reschedule court dates: 303-987-7400, email@example.com.
For traffic-related court dates, please contact the court by email to request a plea agreement by mail or a new court date.
- Email the court at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include what occurred the day of your citation, any relevant information to the plea, your name, date of birth, phone number and citation number (L12345 or LE12345 at the top right of the ticket). The court will forward the file to the prosecutor’s office to reach out to you after the file has been reviewed. You may be able to settle your case without appearing in court.
Pay tickets, search cases, request records online: municourtportal.lakewood.org
Arts, parks, recreation and family services
Most arts, parks, recreation and family services facilities are open by reservation in a limited capacity and/or open to registered class participants. Golf courses are also open. Park shelters are not available for rentals. Charles Whitlock Recreation Center is closed until further notice. Visit Lakewood.org/CR to browse services.
As a result of public health orders, programs have either reduced capacity, transitioned to virtual delivery or have been canceled. Visit Lakewood.org/Register to view current program listings.
Questions? Email CRinfo@Lakewood.org or call 303-987-7800.
Utility bills, business licenses, taxes
Please pay these bills online:
Permit counter and development items
Permit Counter is closed to the public. However, we are still reviewing and processing permits.
See options for submitting permit applications
Inspections will continue.
- Contractor registration
- Re-roof permits
- Water heater and furnace replacement permits
- Prepaid electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits that are part of a permitted construction project
Additional questions: 303-987-7500
Planning services are available remotely at 303-987-7571 or POD@lakewood.org.
City Clerk’s Office
- Passports are not available until further notice.
- Dog licensing is only available online.