Arts, Parks & Recreation
Visit our virtual recreation and virtual arts webpages for virtual and outdoor classes, at-home projects, workout videos and much more.
Virtual Recreation Virtual Art
Closure and Cancellation Details
The Community Resources Department has performed an extensive review of the Safer at Home public health orders to ensure that the city’s facilities and programs are in compliance with protecting everyone’s health and safety. As a result, the following decisions have been made:
In-person summer camps are now available.
Lakewood Recreation is offering Skyhawks sports camps and Challenger soccer camps. Lakewood Cultural Center is offering arts and dance camps as well as dance classes. Heritage Lakewood also is offering fun summer camps. View all at Lakewood.org/Register
Virtual and select programs are available.
Browse classes and register at Lakewood.org/Register
. Explore options like outdoor workouts at the Fitness Court in Addenbrooke Park, dozens of virtual programs like art, dance, summer camps and SilverSneakers on Zoom, and general admission classes by registration only at Carmody Recreation Center beginning July 6.
Most outdoor pools and spray grounds are closed
Surfside Spray Park
is now open via reservation.
- Summer and fall events canceled.
Due to Public Health orders and consideration of the health and safety of our residents and employees, all community events are canceled for the summer and fall. Canceled events include the Big Boom Bash on July 4, the Rockin’ Block Party event, the Summer Concert series and the Cider Days fall festival. We look forward to celebrating our Lakewood community next year.
TEMPORARY REFUND, CREDIT AND TRANSFER POLICY
- Following the recent public health order, all programs beginning prior to April 30 will be pro-rated and credited back to your account. You will receive a follow up email from our programming staff regarding credits for specific programs in which you or your family are registered. Please be patient for this follow up communication. If you prefer a refund, we will issue a credit card or check refund. Please allow three weeks to receive a refund by check. To request a refund, contact CRinfo@Lakewood.org or 303-987-7800.
- Rentals and permits will be refunded.
- Valid recreation center passes will have their expiration dates extended based on the number of days our facilities are closed. This will happen at a later date and you do not need to contact us. Monthly pass billing is suspended and will be activated when our facilities are open.
- For information about Lakewood Cultural Center tickets, view the Box Office Policy.
Parks and Recreation
All indoor programs, camps and community events have been canceled for the summer 2020 season. Visit the programs webpage for virtual and outdoor summer classes.
- City parks are open to the public. Practice social distancing when utilizing trails and parks.
- Park playgrounds, outside fitness equipment and athletic courts are open. This includes the Lakewood tennis center, outdoor basketball courts, outdoor pickleball courts and tennis courts.
- Park shelter rentals are now being accepted for July 6 and after.
- Field rentals are now being accepted.
- Outdoor and virtual personal training has begun, limited to no more than 4 in a group.
- The Ute Trail Community Garden and Jefferson Green Garden are open with limitations of 10 people in the garden.
- Surfside Spray Park is now open. All other outdoor pools and splash location are closed.
Fox Hollow and Homestead Golf Courses
Golf courses are open.
- Tee times for resident and non-resident rates may be made by phone or online. Online reservations must be pre-paid with credit card.
- For senior and junior rates, please call the pro shop at Fox Hollow at 303-986-7888 or Homestead at 720-963-5181.
- Walk-ups are not allowed.
- Single player slots may be reserved as they become available.
View Fox Hollow restrictions | View Homestead restrictions
- The Homestead Grill and Den at Fox Hollow are now offering in-person dining and takeout.
Bear Creek Lake Park
- The gate house is open from 6 a.m.-8 p.m. daily. A cash-only self-service terminal is in effect at all other times. Annual passes are available online. The Visitor Center is closed.
- Park shelter rentals are now open for July 6 and after.
- The campground is now open and all amenities are available, including restrooms and showers.
- The archery range is open.
- Big Soda Lake has reopened to regular activities, including swimming and paddle crafts.
- Boat ramps are closed to any boat requiring an A.N.S. inspection.
Clements Community Center
- Clements Center is closed until further notice, but Lakewood Rides is open for service. All other programs are canceled.
Arts and Culture
Select indoor programs and camps are offered. Community events have been canceled for the summer 2020 season.
Lakewood Cultural Center
- Lakewood Cultural Center is temporarily closed. All performances and events at the theater have been canceled or postponed until further notice. Ticket holders will be contacted individually regarding their specific programs. Email Tickets@Lakewood.org with questions.
Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park
Washington Heights Arts Center
School-Age Services and Head Start
- The Wilbur Rogers Center is temporarily closed until further notice.
- School-age services facilities and programs are canceled until further notice. All preschool and Head Start sites are closed, including Patterson Head Start.
- Family services summer camps are canceled. Camp participants have been notified and refunds initiated.
- Several Head Start families will be supported with programs through the summer.