Arts, Parks & Recreation
Visit our virtual recreation and virtual arts and culture webpages for virtual classes, fun at-home projects, workout videos and much more.
Virtual Recreation Virtual Art
Closure and Cancellation Details
The Community Resources Department has performed an extensive review of the Safer at Home public health orders to ensure that the city’s facilities and programs are in compliance with protecting everyone’s health and safety. As a result, the following decisions have been made:
- Facilities closed.
Lakewood recreation, culture and arts facilities will remain closed until further notice in compliance with public health orders. In-person programs, activities, events and facility rentals are canceled during this time and will receive credits and/or pro-rated refunds will be issued for all canceled activities.
Summer camps and indoor programs canceled.
Summer camps and indoor programming are canceled for the 2020 summer season. Camp participants have been notified and refunds will be initiated by May 22. Several Head Start families will be supported with programs through the summer.
Outdoor pools and spray grounds are closed for the summer in compliance with Public Health orders.
- Summer events canceled.
Due to Public Health orders and consideration of the health and safety of our residents and employees, all community events are canceled for the summer. These include the Big Boom Bash on July 4, the Rockin’ Block Party event and the Summer Concert series. We look forward to celebrating our Lakewood community next year.
TEMPORARY REFUND, CREDIT AND TRANSFER POLICY
- Following the recent public health order, all programs beginning prior to April 30 will be pro-rated and credited back to your account. You will receive a follow up email from our programming staff regarding credits for specific programs in which you or your family are registered. Please be patient for this follow up communication. If you prefer a refund, we will issue a credit card or check refund. Please allow three weeks to receive a refund by check. To request a refund, contact CRinfo@Lakewood.org or 303-987-7800.
- Rentals and permits will be refunded.
- Valid recreation center passes will have their expiration dates extended based on the number of days our facilities are closed. This will happen at a later date and you do not need to contact us. Monthly pass billing is suspended and will be activated when our facilities are open.
- For information about Lakewood Cultural Center tickets, view the Box Office Policy.
Parks and Recreation
All indoor programs, camps and community events have been canceled for the summer 2020 season. Visit the programs webpage for virtual and outdoor summer classes.
- City parks are open to the public. Practice social distancing when utilizing trails and parks.
- Park playgrounds outside fitness equipment are now open. There is a limit of 10 people in each area.
- Athletic courts have reopened. This includes the Lakewood tennis center, outdoor basketball courts, outdoor pickleball courts and tennis courts. There is a limit of 10 people on the courts at any time. Less than 4 from same household allowed on basketball courts.
- Field rentals for groups of 10 or less will be allowed starting June 1 for existing permits (no new permits). Starting June 1, we will begin taking requests for new permits for the month of July. August and fall activities will be evaluated after July 1.
- Outdoor and virtual personal training has begun, limited to no more than 4 in a group.
- The Ute Trail Community Garden and Jefferson Green Garden are open with limitations of 10 people in the garden.
- Outdoor pools and spray grounds are closed for the summer in compliance with Public Health orders.
- At William F. Hayden Park, rangers will close trailhead and parking areas temporarily when they are at capacity.
Fox Hollow and Homestead Golf Courses
Golf courses are open.
- Tee times for resident and non-resident rates may be made by phone or online. Online reservations must be pre-paid with credit card.
- For senior and junior rates, please call the pro shop at Fox Hollow at 303-986-7888 or Homestead at 720-963-5181.
- Walk-ups are not allowed.
- Single player slots may be reserved as they become available.
View Fox Hollow restrictions | View Homestead restrictions
- The Homestead Grill and Den at Fox Hollow are now offering in-person dining and takeout.
Bear Creek Lake Park
- The gate house is open from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. A cash-only self-service terminal is in effect at all other times. Annual passes are available online.
- The visitor center and shelter rentals will remain closed until further notice.
- Boat ramps are closed to any boat requiring an A.N.S. inspection.
- The campground is now open. Water refills and spigots are open. The restrooms will remain closed; port-o-lets will be available and the sanitation/dump station are open.
- The archery range is open.
- Big Soda Lake is now open for paddle craft use (canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, windsurfers, belly boats and rafts). Shoreline use and swimming is not allowed at this time and the swim beach will remain closed. Lake and shoreline use will be reevaluated on June 30, subject to updates on public health orders from the state and county.
Clements Community Center
- Clements Center is closed until further notice, but Lakewood Rides is open for service. All other programs are canceled.
Arts and Culture
All indoor programs, camps and community events have been canceled for the summer 2020 season. Visit the programs webpage for virtual programs.
Lakewood Cultural Center
- Lakewood Cultural Center is temporarily closed in order to follow guidelines set by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). All performances and events at the theater have been canceled or postponed until further notice. Ticket holders will be contacted individually regarding their specific programs. Email Tickets@Lakewood.org with questions.
Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park
Washington Heights Arts Center
School-Age Services and Head Start
- The Wilbur Rogers Center is temporarily closed until further notice.
- School-age services facilities and programs are canceled until further notice. All preschool and Head Start sites are closed, including Patterson Head Start.
- Family services summer camps are canceled. Camp participants have been notified and refunds will be initiated by May 22.
- Several Head Start families will be supported with programs through the summer.