Arts, Parks & Recreation
Closures and Cancellations
- Some pools and splash pads are open.
Surfside Spray Park and Carmody Recreation pools and splash pad are now open by reservation. All other locations are closed.
- Tickets to the Lakewood Legends outdoor concert series are available (limited capacity).
Learn more and buy tickets at Lakewood.org/Legends.
- Large-scale events are canceled.
Due to Public Health orders and consideration of the health and safety of our residents and employees, all large-scale community events are canceled for the summer and fall. Canceled events include the Big Boom Bash on July 4, the Rockin’ Block Party event, the Sounds Exciting! series, Cider Days fall festival and Bear Creek Lake Park's Haunted Trail Adventure. We look forward to celebrating our Lakewood community next year.
TEMPORARY REFUND, CREDIT AND TRANSFER POLICY
- Following the recent public health order, all programs beginning prior to April 30 will be pro-rated and credited back to your account. You will receive a follow up email from our programming staff regarding credits for specific programs in which you or your family are registered. Please be patient for this follow up communication. If you prefer a refund, we will issue a credit card or check refund. Please allow three weeks to receive a refund by check. To request a refund, contact CRinfo@Lakewood.org or 303-987-7800.
- Rentals and permits will be refunded.
- Valid recreation center passes will have their expiration dates extended based on the number of days our facilities are closed. This will happen at a later date and you do not need to contact us. Monthly pass billing is suspended and will be activated when our facilities are open.
- For information about Lakewood Cultural Center tickets, view the Box Office Policy.
Parks and Recreation
Fox Hollow and Homestead Golf Courses
Golf courses are open. The Homestead Grill and Den at Fox Hollow are now offering in-person dining and takeout.
View Fox Hollow restrictions | View Homestead restrictions
Bear Creek Lake Park
- Big Soda Lake and Bear Creek Reservoir open at 20% capacity.
Available on a first come, first served basis. View full details at Lakewood.org/BCLPActivities.
- The gate house is open from 6 a.m.-8 p.m. daily. A cash-only self-service terminal is in effect at all other times. Annual passes are available online. The Visitor Center is closed.
- Some shelter rentals are now available.
- The campground is now open and all amenities are available, including restrooms and showers.
- The archery range is open.
- Boat ramps are closed to any boat requiring an A.N.S. inspection.
Clements Community Center
- Clements Center is currently closed, but Lakewood Rides is open for service. The center tentatively plans to reopen on Aug. 31.
Arts and Culture
In-person programs are now being offered. Visit Lakewood.org/Register for the full list.
Lakewood Cultural Center
- Lakewood Cultural Center is temporarily closed. All performances and events at the theater have been canceled or postponed until further notice. Ticket holders will be contacted individually regarding their specific programs. Email Tickets@Lakewood.org with questions.
Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park
Washington Heights Arts Center
- Washington Heights is closed to the general public until further notice. The pottery studio is open by reservation. Clay is available for advance purchase.
School-Age Services and Head Start
- The Wilbur Rogers Center is temporarily closed until further notice.
- School-age services facilities and programs are canceled until further notice. All preschool and Head Start sites are closed, including Patterson Head Start.
- Family services summer camps are canceled. Camp participants have been notified and refunds initiated.
- Several Head Start families will be supported with programs through the summer.
Visit our virtual recreation and virtual arts webpages for classes, at-home projects, workout videos and much more.
Virtual Recreation Virtual Art