Pools and Spray Park
The City of Lakewood offers a variety of indoor and outdoor pools, as well as a spray park and new splash pad at Carmody Recreation Center. Many of our facilities are reservable and can be booked for private parties.
Select a location below for details, including schedules and rental information.
To check the status of an outdoor pool or spray park, call 303-987-7006.
Swimming lessons are offered to youth, teens and adults. Swim and dive teams are also available to youth and teens.
Visit the youth programs or adult programs page to view all aquatics offerings.
Pool schedules vary by location and can be found within each pool's page.
RAY ROSS SPLASH PAD
May 18-Sept. 2: 9 a.m.-8:30 p.m (weather permitting)
SURFSIDE SPRAY PARK
Regular Season (May 25-Aug. 11): Monday-Wednesday: 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m. | Thursday-Sunday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Post-season (weekends only, Aug. 11-Sep. 1): Saturday-Sunday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Labor Day: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
CARMODY SPLASH PARK
(Note: Use of both pools is limited to open swim times)
Mon-Thu: 10 a.m.-close
Fri: 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Sun: 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Violation of these rules may result in suspension from the facility.
- Obey the Lifeguard at all times.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- Anyone under the age of seven must be accompanied by an adult, who is in the pool, within arm’s reach at all times.
- Anyone 10 and younger must be accompanied by someone 12 or older.
- No flotation devices unless approved by manager on duty.
- No open swim during swimming lessons.
- No food on the pool deck. Please consume in designated areas.
- No rough play or running.
- No sitting/standing on shoulders.
- Swimming suit required; No street clothes allowed in the pool with the exception of a white shirt worn over a swimsuit.
- Equipment may only be used by lap swimmers and class participants (kickboards, noodles, fins, pull buoys, dumbbells, etc.).
- No diving in shallow area (5 ft and under).
Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and regulations and to respond to emergencies, but parents/guardians are ultimately responsible for the safety of your child.
Lap Swimmer Rules
- Patrons are required to share lanes when needed.
- Circle swimming is required when 3 or more people per lane.
- Allow faster swimmers to pass.
Diving Board Rules
- Diver must be able to swim the width of the pool before using the board.
- No catching persons from the board.
- Only one person on the board at a time.
- Maximum of one bounce on board.
- Dive or jump off the front of the board (not the side) and swim to the nearest ladder.
- After diving, exit at the ladder.
- No toys, equipment or life jackets may be used on the board.
Violation of slide rules will result in slide privileges being suspended or removed.
- One person at a time on the slide.
- You must remain feet first from entry to exit.
- No swimming in slide area.
- The first person must exit before the next person begins.
- No rough play or running on the stairs.
- No spinning on the slide.
- User must be able to swim unless otherwise approved.
- Exit splash area immediately using the stairs.
- Children may not be caught coming off the slide; parent/guardian may wait by the wall in the splash area.