Cancellations and delayed opening because of winter storm
Published on February 03, 2020
Lakewood has canceled several items for Feb. 3 as shown below because of the weather, but city offices will remain open until 5 p.m. today.
For Feb. 4, the city will delay the opening of city offices by one hour until 9 a.m.
Feb. 3 cancellations:
- Lakewood City Council study session scheduled for 7 p.m. The topic for the discussion will be rescheduled.
- All sports programs have been canceled including youth basketball, youth volleyball, Middle School Sports Program games and practices.
- Adult volleyball.
- Youth gymnastics and climbing classes.
- Afternoon and evening classes at the Lakewood Cultural Center.
- Afternoon and evening classes at Washington Heights Art Center.
Feb. 4 delayed opening applies to the following facilities:
- Lakewood Civic Center.
- Lakewood Municipal Court.
- Lakewood Cultural Center.
- Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park.
- All four recreation centers (Whitlock, Green Mountain, Lakewood Link and Carmody).
- Clements Community Center for older adults.
- Lakewood Rides transportation services for older adults and those with disabilities.
- Bear Creek Lake Park.
- Lakewood Head Start and School Age Services will follow the schedule set by Jeffco Public Schools.
For updates, visit Lakewood.org, @LakewoodColo on Twitter, Facebook.org/LakewoodGov and on cable channels 8 and 880.