Lakewood’s recycling center reopens under new protocols
Published on July 14, 2020
Lakewood’s Quail Street Recycling Center that provides a free drop-off site to Lakewood residents for specific recyclables will reopen with a reservation system and other protocols in place to operate in a way to meet public health orders for the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following protocols are in place at the center at 1068 Quail St.:
- Appointments are required through the online reservation system available at Lakewood.org/recycling. Appointments start on July 17. Those without reservations will not be allowed into the facility.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory, and social distancing should be maintained.
- Hours available for reservations are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday, with 15 minutes per appointment.
- The volume of recyclables that will be accepted during a customer’s visit must be contained in a typical car or small pickup truck.
- Recyclables must be sorted, as has been required for several years.
- Two attendants will be on-site to maintain the smooth operation of the small facility with the reservation system.
The center will continue to accept clean, sorted cardboard, aluminum beverage cans, scrap metal, glass jars and bottles, paper and plastic beverage bottles. A list of accepted items is available at Lakewood.org/recycling. The attendants can answer recycling questions. Recycling is free, but donations are welcome.
– Lakewood –