Positions available on boards and commissions

Published on January 10, 2022

¡Sé parte de nuestras juntas y comisiones!

Share your experience and expertise by serving on the city’s boards and commissions. Learn about specific qualifications and apply online at Lakewood.org/GetOnBoard. The deadline is 5 p.m. Jan. 26.

Planning Commission
There are two openings, one for a Ward 2 and one for a Ward 3 resident for four-year terms starting April 1. The commission conducts public hearings on rezoning and subdivision applications; approves certain special use permits; and reviews site plans. Commission members also serve on the Board of Adjustment.

Lakewood Advisory Commission
This commission has several openings. In their advisory roles to City Council, members research specific issues of interest to residents and provide recommendations for potential action. Members should plan to attend the full commission meeting and a committee meeting each month. Applicants must also attend (virtually or by watching previously recorded meetings at LakewoodSpeaks.org) both a full commission meeting and an individual committee meeting before applying. Learn more at Lakewood.org/LAC.

Historic Preservation Commission
There are two openings for four-year terms starting April 1. Applicants must have a background in architecture, history, urban planning, building trades, real estate or related fields. The commission conducts public hearings on applications for landmark designation, reviews alteration certificates and applications for relocating historically designated structures and makes recommendations to the City Council.

Board of Appeals
There are two openings for three-year terms starting April 1. This is a quasi-judicial body that decides appeals from any requirement or order made by the codes administrator. Members must have experience in building construction.

Noxious Weed Local Advisory Board
There is one opening for a three-year term starting June 1 and for a partial term ending May 31. This board approves noxious weed management plans that are generated by complaints received from adjacent property owners. It does not approve the city’s operational weed management plans for publicly owned property. Members must have experience in landscaping, agriculture or natural resource management. 

Tagged as: