Fireworks Prohibited in Lakewood
All fireworks are illegal in Lakewood.
- By Lakewood city ordinance, all fireworks are prohibited. This includes items like sparklers, Roman candles and smoke bombs. Fines for illegal fireworks can reach $2,650.
- The Lakewood Police Department will have extra agents on patrol throughout Lakewood to focus solely on fireworks issues.
- Download a fireworks flyer(PDF, 353KB) to share with your neighbors and friends.
To report illegal fireworks in progress:
Lakewood Police Dispatch for non-emergency reports: 303-980-7300
Please do not use 9-1-1 to report fireworks, except in urgent cases of injury or fire that threaten life and property. If you have additional questions about firework safety, please contact West Metro Fire Rescue, 303-989-4307. www.westmetrofire.org
Fireworks & Your Pets
Fireworks can be disturbing to some animals. Here are some tips from Lakewood Animal Control:
- Dogs can jump fences when startled by fireworks, even if they have never jumped one before. Keep your pet in a quiet and secure location during fireworks.
- Make sure your pet's ID is current. Dogs' identification tags should have current information in case they get away.
- Keep pets indoors during fireworks. Closing curtains, turning on the TV or radio, or keeping your pet in a carrier may provide them a distraction and sense of security during these noisy celebrations.
- If you must be outside with your pet, keep them on a leash or in a carrier at all times.
Join us for a free fireworks event!