This annual family adventure race involves teams of two that will compete by completing a lake crossing, mountain bike course and a run.
The Grin and Bear It course for 2014 has not been finalized yet, but typically it consists of:
- A canoe segment on Big Soda Lake (canoes and life jackets provided). This segment is a few hundred yards long involving leaving shore, looping around a buoy and returning to shore.
- The mountain bike leg is usually four-six miles on relatively easy terrain. The course uses paved, gravel and single track trails, so your five year old should be comfortable on easier mountain bike trails.
- The last segment will be either a running scavenger hunt or a simplified orienteering course. In either case the total distance will be dependent on how efficiently your team completes the clues/obstacles. It is a fun segment and usually involves a one-two total miles of walking or running.
The Adult class will consist of:
- The same canoe segment.
- Five-Seven miles of mountain biking.
- A two-three mile run on paved, gravel and single track trails.
There are two categories: Adult/youth, Adult
|| 6-8 p.m., Fri, Jul 18
||Bear Creek Lake Park
Grin and Bear It Family Adventure is sold out!
Participants will receive an event shirt.