NOW IN EFFECT: Stage 2 Fire Ban
Stage 2 Fire Ban is in effect for open space areas in Lakewood, including Bear Creek Lake Park, William Frederick Hayden Park on Green Mountain, Thunder Valley, and the Bear Creek Greenbelt. Also included are the ravine parks: Ute Trail, Ravines Open Space, Hutchinson Park, Lower Ravine, Loveland Trail and Heritage Hill.
Keep in mind the following activities are always prohibited even when not under fire restrictions or a fire ban:
- Any recreational fire that is larger than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height, without a permit.
- Burning in a careless manner, leaving a fire unattended or failing to extinguish any fire.
- Burning trash or debris.
- Using ANY fireworks including sparklers, Roman candles, sky lanterns or any other device containing an explosive substance.
- Open burning without a permit and failing to take adequate measures to prevent uncontrolled fires.
- In Lakewood parks and recreational areas, fires outside of permanent rings and grills.
All fireworks are prohibited in Lakewood.