Join us for a free fireworks event!
July 4, 2018 at Jeffco Stadium, rain or shine
Event kicks off at 5:30 p.m. | Fireworks at dark, approximately 9:15 p.m.
Big Boom Bash by Lakewood, a new Fourth of July celebration hosted by the City of Lakewood, includes kids' activities, community art, vendor booths, local food trucks, a beer garden and more, highlighted by a 20-minute fireworks display choreographed to music provided by MIX 100. This event is free, with food and beverage available for purchase, and suitable for the whole family! Join us this year to celebrate Independence Day, Lakewood style!
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Primary parking areas are at Jeffco and Trailblazer Stadiums as well as Creighton and Dennison schools. Please note that you will be able to enter tJeffco, Trailblazer and Creighton parking lots from either direction of Kipling St. You may only enter Dennison parking lot at the intersection of Independence St. and W. 4th Ave. At the conclusion of the event, all cars from Jeffco, Trailblazer and Creighton will be required to exit north on Kipling. You will only be able to exit Dennison Parking lot heading east onto W. 4th Ave.
Pedestrian & Bicyclist Directions
- From East by W. 4th Ave to north end of stadium for entrances.
- From West through main entrance of stadium
- From South is restricted to the walkway along Kipling St.
- From North along Kipling St.
- Please note the foot/bike path connecting 1st Ave to Independence Street will be closed.
Back to Top
|5:30 p.m. |
||Gates open. Music, games, art and vendors!
|7 p.m. |
||Informal community reading of the Declaration of Independence
|7:30 p.m. |
||Field opens for seating, weather permitting, on a first-come first-served basis
|Approx. 9:15 p.m. |
||Fireworks at dark accompanied by music from Mix 100
The fireworks show will include thousands of shells hand-selected to create a dazzling display for Lakewood, including color-changing strobes and brocades, sun rings, blue jellyfish, butterflies, falling leaves, and other effects. The show will incorporate three different launch sites that will result in a dynamic array, with fireworks reaching heights of 800 feet.
MIX 100 will be onsite with prizes and fun, playing contemporary hits and patriotic songs throughout the evening. The fireworks display will be choreographed to music simulcast by MIX 100 and spectators outside of the stadium are encouraged to tune in to 100.3 FM to enjoy.
Community art project and kids' lawn games.
A variety of food trucks with food for purchase. Do you have a food truck? Vendor applications for food trucks are now being accepted.
The Lakewood Beer Garden presented by Foothills Credit Union will feature beer from local Lakewood breweries and hard cider for purchase.
We will have a vendor hub with booths from a variety of Lakewood businesses, nonprofit organizations and local artisans. Interested in representing your business at the event? Vendor applications are now being accepted.
Back to Top
What items are permitted?
- Small backpacks, bags, purses, small soft sided coolers, etc.
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic or aluminum containers
- Empty, reusable water bottles (we will have a water bottle refill station onsite!)
- Food for personal consumption
- Folding chairs
- Seat cushions and bleacher back rests
- Small collapsible umbrellas
What items are not permitted?
- Weapons (e.g. guns, knives, chains, slingshot, bludgeon, artificial knuckles of any kind)
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, medical or recreational marijuana
- Smoking or vaping
- All animals (with the exception of service animals for individuals)
- Plastic coolers
- Glass bottles or containers
- Tents, ground staking of any kind
- Outside fireworks
- Laser pointers
- Skateboards, rollerblades or shoes with wheels
What is the bag policy?
We will have bag checkers at each entrance gate searching all bags for items not permitted into the venue, such as weapons, drugs and alcohol (see list above).
What can I do to help?
Help us make Lakewood a zero waste community by reducing what we send to the landfill at the Big Boom Bash!
- Bring a zero waste picnic. Pack your food and drinks in reusable containers or buy paper products that can be composted and bottles that can be recycled. Avoid disposable bags and styrofoam.
- Find a zero waste station. Look for the three zero waste stations at the event, where you can recycle and compost your waste. Each station will have a zero waste volunteer to help you sort your materials.
- Share our mission with your friends and family. Be sure to encourage your friends and family to join us in our zero waste effort.
What will traffic be like?
Here are some things you should know about traffic before and after the event:
- There will be no parking along 6th Avenue, Kipling Street or Alameda Avenue.
- Fletcher Miller parking lot will be closed.
- All driving paths heading SOUTH from the stadium will be blocked. All cars will be directed to head NORTH after the event.
- Independence Street will remain open.
- Frontage road between 6th Ave and Garrison Street will be closed.
For traffic and direction information, click here
What is the weather policy?
The event will happen rain or shine, except for severe wind or lightening in proximity of the stadium. If the field is too wet, attendees will sit only in the bleachers and surrounding areas and not on the field. If the event is postponed due to wind or lightening, it will take place on Thursday, July 5; gates will open at 7:30 and it will be fireworks only.
For questions or more information, call 303.987.7899.
Back to Top