||15600 W Morrison Rd, Lakewood CO 80228
|| 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
||March, April, October
|| 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
|| 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Memorial Day - Labor Day
| 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
| 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Flooding due to high runoff and precipitation
continues to impact various parts of the park, resulting in several
closures noted below. Patrons are welcome to continue using
Closed Areas include:
- The north park road and bike/pedestrian access over the
- Reservable Shelters: Pelican Point, Mountain View and Coyote
Crossing picnic areas.
- Most park dirt trails are closed. The paved Bear Creek Trail
remains open; however flood waters may be encountered.
- Motorized or trailered boats on Bear Creek Reservoir.
- Cyclists will need to detour on the paved Bear Creek Trail over
Mount Carbon or on Morrison Road.
Open Areas for Recreation:
- Indian Paintbrush Campground, Cabins and Yurts
- Swim beach
- Visitor Center
- Boat Rentals
- Riding Stables
- Ski School
- Bear Creek Trail
- Reservable Shelters: Skunk Hollow, Meadowlark Cove. (Other
picnic shelters are available throughout the park on a first come
High water remains near flooding levels of fall 2013, and
due to flood prevention requirements may be expected to rise and
fall over the next several weeks.
We apologize for any inconvenience the flooding may cause
recreation patrons, but the reservoir and dam are safely capturing
high runoff, as they were built to do, to prevent downstream
flooding in residential areas.
We will post updates as conditions change.
View current water levels