The City of Lakewood is situated in a magnificent natural environment with access to numerous parks, open spaces, lakes, trails, and more than 300 days of sunshine annually. The City is dedicated to preserving this environment so that our children can enjoy these amenities, just as we experienced them.
- Parks staff manage and care for the beautiful parks and open space in our city, including:
- 99 parks totaling more than 7,100 acres of open space
- More than 180 miles of trails for biking, walking, hiking and horseback riding
- Forestry and horticulture programs that protect and manage our urban forest
- Diverse environmental education experiences to excite and inform the public
- In order to address our changing climate, the City measures its Greenhouse Gas Emissions to identify opportunities to reduce our emissions.
- The City is an active member of the Western Adaptation Alliance.