Award Evaluation Criteria
A panel of evaluators, made up of residents, Lakewood staff and city leaders, will evaluate the nominations based on how well the projects or initiatives meet the following criteria:
- Has a Positive Impact - The project must have a meaningful and demonstrable impact in Lakewood by helping protect the environment or enhance the quality of life for residents.
- Embraces Innovation/Creativity - The project should reflect a new concept, technology or practice in Lakewood and should employ new ideas in the industry.
- Overcomes Challenges - The project should explain what challenges were overcome.
- Is Transferable - The project should be able to be replicated by others in similar situations.
- Demonstrates Initiative - The project should reflect how the individual or group took action to move sustainability forward in their community.