Project Achievement Areas
Awards may be presented to projects, youth, businesses and City employees who promote sustainability in one or more of the following areas:
- Climate Change & Adaptation: Projects that reduce greenhouse gases or help our community respond to heat waves, intense storms, droughts and other extreme weather events.
- Energy, Water & the Built Environment: Projects that conserve energy and water, promote renewable energy or use building design to enhance the environment.
- Resilient Economy: Projects that help grow a strong, local economy and provide opportunities for households to improve their quality of life through education and employment.
- Zero Waste: Projects that reduce waste by thoughtful procurement of materials and keep materials out of the landfill through reuse, composting and recycling.
- Community Cohesion & Public Health: Projects that support healthy and active living and promote community building and personal connections.
- Natural Systems: Projects that support healthy ecosystems and protect biodiversity.
- Sustainable Transportation: Projects that encourage multimodal travel options — like walking, biking and taking transit — or that contribute to safer streets, cleaner air and connected communities.