Every property in Lakewood regardless of location contributes to storm runoff from roofs, driveways, parking lots and other hard surfaces. Runoff must be managed to:
- Protect lives.
- Decrease frequency and severity of flooding.
- Reduce damage to homes, businesses and private property.
- Protect roads, recreational trails, parks and other community assets that can affect everyone in the city when damaged or destroyed.
- Remove the 100 year flood plain from around numerous properties.
- Provide better environment for businesses and others to invest in properties in Lakewood.
All Lakewood property owners pay an annual service charge to the City’s Stormwater Management Utility to maintain, repair and improve the stormwater drainage system – what residents often think as the storm sewer. The utility also works to identify and eliminate sources of pollution entering the drainage system.
New rates for 2016
A new rate will be reflected on the annual bills for the service charge beginning in 2016.
Single-family homeowners: $3.70 per month ($44.40 per year)
Commercial property owners: get an estimate of your 2016 annual bill by calling 303-987-7615.