In the aftermath of Lakewood's pounding hailstorm, residents should be wary of repair scams by uninvited people who show up and offer to do an inspection or start repairs. Avoid becoming a victim by working directly with your home insurance company.
Tips for Lakewood Residents
- Lakewood requires permits for reroofing; replacing windows, siding or fencing; and replacing rooftop equipment including solar panels.
- Check to make sure the contractor is registered with Lakewood by asking to see the registration certificate. Registration allows the contractor to obtain permits in Lakewood, but the City does not test for compentency or endorse specific contractors.
- See a list of contractors registered with Lakewood
- Check references provided by the contractor or check status with the Better Business Bureau.
- Obtain bids from at least three different contractors and check each one with organizations like your local Better Business Bureau.
- See information about a drop-off site for damaged tree limbs and leaves.
More Helpful Information to Avoid Scams
Helpful Handouts from Lakewood
Permits for Contractors - includes link to online permit applications
Permits for Homeowners
Exemptions from Permits
Residential Roofing & Reroofing
FOR CONTRACTORS: Online Registration Information
Contractor registration and other licenses
Posted on: Tuesday, May 09, 2017