William F. Hayden Park on Green Mountain offers a challenging system of multiple-use trails for all abilities. The trails tend to dry earlier than many of the foothills parks, making the park a fantastic winter destination.
The park trails include:
- Green Mountain Trail: 6.5 mile loop. Features a challenging ascent to the park’s highest point
- Hayden Trail: 1.6 miles. Accessed from the Utah Trailhead, this trail switchbacks up the south side of the mountain.
- Summit Loop Trail: 2.75 miles. A very scenic trail around a portion of the park’s summit.
- Rooney Valley Trail: 3 miles. A challenging single track trail that offers a sense of solitude and remoteness.
- Box-o-Rox Trail: 1.7 miles. Another challenging single track trail considered a favorite of local mountain bikers.
- North Access Trail: 2 miles. This trail is accessed from Indiana Avenue and will be formalized in the near future.