General Fishing Information
- The lake is stocked once or twice per month in
- Fish species include rainbow trout, saugeye, small-mouth
bass, yellow perch and the occasional tiger muskie or walleye.
- All state
fishing and boating regulations apply and are enforced.
- Ice fishing
allowed at your own risk.
Special Fishing Regulations
- Minimum size for walleye/saugeye is 15 inches.
- Only one saugeye longer than 21 inches can be taken per day.
Bear Creek River
- Artificial flies and lures
- Bag and possession limit for trout (except rainbow) is 2.
- All rainbow trout must be returned to the water immediately.
To help prevent the spread of Aquatic Nuisance Species,
inspections are required for all motorized boats, sailboats and fishing boats
prior to launching on Bear Creek Reservoir or Big Soda Lake.
information on boat inspections.
Soda Lakes Water Ski School,
Little Soda Lake
- Water ski and wakeboard lessons for all ability
- Organized children's classes throughout the summer
- Reservations are recommended
- Visit Soda Lakes Water Ski School
website or 303-697-0121
(does not apply to non-motorized canoes, kayaks, rafts, paddleboats,
windsurfers or belly boats)
The boat ramps at Bear Creek Reservoir
and Big Soda Lake will be open from park opening until 2 hours before park
closing. No boats will be allowed to launch after this time.
Boat Launch Hours
- Boat ramps closed November 15 -
March 15 annually
- March 15 - April 30: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
1 - November 15: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Boating on Bear Creek Reservoir is limited to a
motor size of 10hp or less.
- Big Soda Lake is limited to non-motorized
- No private boats are permitted on Little Soda Lake.