The Department of Community Resources is responsible for providing recreation and leisure activities in Lakewood to people of all ages. Our goal is to provide exceptional facilities and programs that make Lakewood, Colorado an outstanding place to live.
Community Resources has seven divisions that work together to provide the citizens with outstanding parks, recreation, arts and culture and family services facilities and programs. Our department offers the community:
- 99 parks
- An indoor and outdoor performing arts venue
- A museum and visual art galleries
- Two golf courses
- Four recreation centers
- An older adult community center
- Head Start and early childhood services
- Miles of hiking, biking, equestrian and walking paths
We hope you will find something to enrich your life, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The City of Lakewood's Department of Community Resources is a proud winner of the National Recreation and Park Association 2011 Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Park and Recreation Management.