Permits and licenses are issued by numerous city departments.
City Clerk's Permits and Licenses
To find general operations permits, please begin your search with the City Clerk.
- Liquor, Beer and Dance Club Licenses
- Adult, Escort, Massage Parlor and Medical Marijuana Licenses
- Amusement Arcades
- Block Parties and Parade Permits
- Christmas Tree and Fireworks Sales
- Dog Licenses
- Noise Permits
- Pawnbroker's Licenses
Public Works Department - Building Division
All tenant finish work and improvements to a property is required to be done with a building permit. All contractors must be registered.
- Contractor registration
- Building, electrical and other Permits
Planning Department - Development Assistance
The redevelopment of a property in Lakewood must go through a site planning review. If your project involves developing property, please contact the Planning Department.
- Pre-planning site consultations
- Sign permits
- Fence permits
- Land development applications
Finance Department - Revenue Division
All entities doing business in the City of Lakewood are required to hold a Sales and/or Use Tax license. This applies to home-based businesses as well. Apply for a license with the Finance Department.
- Sales Tax Licenses
- Use Tax Licenses