We’re building a better website to serve you! Preview the new Lakewood.org here, and let us know what you think.

Skip to main content

Information on how to get my record sealed

Any person interested (party to the case) may petition the District Court to seal records by filing a civil action in the county in which any arrest or criminal records are filed. Under the Colorado Children's Code, a person may request their juvenile record to be expunged (sealed from public access) by filing a Petition for Expungement of Records in each case in the District Court or Denver Juvenile Court, if appropriate.   For more information about sealing records go, to Colorado Courts.