- Abandoned or under-utilized industrial and commercial properties.
- Redevelopment is complicated with possible environmental contamination.
- Site is economically marginal because of high remediation costs.
Colorado Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund
The City of Lakewood is a board member of the Colorado Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Board. The Board facilitates environmental clean-up and infill redevelopment with these incentives:
- low cost loans to businesses and non-profits.
- grant awards to eligible local governments and non-profits.
For information on brownfields, petroleum investigation and cleanup resources visit brownfields resources